Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Boot Camp

     Our trainer, Paula, coordinates group fitness classes for the Wellness Center.  She also teaches them.  So on this chilly morning in North Carolina, a good portion of our team got together to experience a "Boot Camp" workout.  I had always envisioned the trainers who led Boot Camp workouts as masochistic people who just wanted to see how much pain you could endure.  Not that we didn't experience our share of pain, but Paula wasn't like that at all.
      She demonstrated proper technique and different options for each exercise to either make it harder or easier depending on our personal abilities.  At one point I thought, "Great, I am finally able to do one of these exercises easily" (the push-ups) and then Paula had me modify them to make them more difficult - THANKS!
I don't know about the rest of my team, but I'm going to feel this workout tomorrow!
     Other people are starting to notice the affects of my workouts.  I usually walk during the day with some people at the office.  In the past I have had to walk pretty slow compared to some of the regular walkers due to my ankle/calf muscle issues.  One of my co-workers noticed that I was walking a little faster than usual and with a little more bounce in my step. 
     Upcoming: I'm adding a foam roller and some different stretches to my daily routine to see if that will loosen me up a bit.  I'll make sure I document how that works out.  Tomorrow I have an appointment with one of the sponsor businesses. This should be interesting.  Friday we do interval training.  I'm looking forward to that challenge.  And next week I will meet with a nutritionist to discuss my eating habits.  It will be nice to get information on how to maximize my workouts with nutrition and also help my body regulate blood sugar along with my meds.  Oh well, got to get up early to get to the gym, so that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment