Thursday, April 19, 2012

It is a good hurt

I know people say that all the time, but it is so true. I am feeling better and it has only been 3 days since we started. I've already noticed a difference in my heart rate. I have done 3 days of cardio on a bike in the gym because of some ankle issues. I have steadily increased my speed, my intensity and the length of my workouts each day. I have been able to maintain my speed throughout the length of my workouts and my heart rate is dropping! I am already getting benefits from this journey.

Today I met with my doctor for a follow-up visit. She is very supportive of this step and pleased with the weight loss already and my blood pressure numbers are better than our last visit!

I haven't really done that much "lifting". But our coach, Paula (The Green team - Chapel Hill Gymnastics) is very good at seeing the areas where I am weak and focusing on them. As a result, muscles I never even thought to work on are sore. We've done some core, back, chest and triceps work so far. She has told me that we are going to fix my ankle issues and that I need work on my underdeveloped hamstrings. I guess I'll see what she has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment