Sunday, June 10, 2012

Last workout before final weigh-in

     I went to the gym this morning (Sunday) for a last minute push.  Afterwards I weighed on the scale that I've been using every Monday morning.  I wanted to have a way to compare what they told me tonight so that I knew what my actual numbers were.  I know that tonight it will be slightly more than what it was this morning because as I drink water throughout the day, my body retains fluids and I am always heavier at night.  Since I have been regularly weighing in the morning, I wanted to have a good baseline.  I weighed in at 211.5!  That's down 3 pounds from last week.  According to my calculations, I've lost 17.7 pounds which is 7.72%.  I know it is silly, but my favorite thing about this whole thing is that I'm under the red line.  I exceeded my goal of 2 pounds a week!
     This past week I have done a lot of extra cardio to get this result.  We had a boot camp on Thursday morning.  We had a few guests join us from another team.  It was nice to see them and find out that one of them reads this blog!  I followed the Boot Camp up with a visit to Massage Envy on Friday night to help recover enough so that I could continue my cardio workouts over the weekend.
     This week I did a few things to keep myself going after the finale on Monday.  I joined the Biggest Loser Competition at work.  (I'll keep you posted on that.)  And then, Thursday at lunch, I went to a local gym near the house and met with a trainer I will work with going forward.  I will miss Paula, but I think this will work out better because it is much closer to the house.  Paula suggested that I begin training for a 5k race in the fall.  Paula, my new trainer, Kari as well as a few runners at work have said that it is definitely possible to be ready in time.  My wife is going to try to train for the race along with me.  There are a few runners on my team.  Maybe I can get them to run with us as well.  Paula doesn't want us to lose touch with the team members and said she had some ideas that might allow us to get back together periodically to work out together.  I'm looking forward to that and to seeing how everyone is doing on Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment