Monday, June 4, 2012

Tennis

     My wife and I started playing tennis some time ago as an activity we could both share that would give us some exercise and allow us to spend time together.   Since our children came along, we haven't played much.  My wife has played on a few teams, but I have been busy with other things. 
     We got a sitter this weekend and Saturday went to some local courts and hit around.  I was still stiff from my boot camp workout, but after a while my muscles warmed up and I could move better.  Up until that point, I was frustrated that I couldn't move very well and said as much to my wife.  As an encouragement to all the effort I've been putting in and also kidding with me, she said, "Well, honestly you are moving as much as you ever were."  And she was right, I have been dealing with muscle/ankle issues for quite some time and I would become very tired and winded after a very short tennis session because of the amount of effort I needed to put forth to get to the ball (or keep my opponent from running me around).
     I am pleased to say that after the hour session we had, I wasn't tired at all.  I felt that my muscles had warmed up and I had loosened up a bit, but I didn't get much of a cardio workout.  (Which is good because I really didn't move that much).  I am looking forward to continuing this journey and getting to the point where I can play at the level I think I am capable of because I am not hindered by my lack of fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment