Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Visit to a sponsor 3.0

     There is a lot to catch up on since I last blogged, so I'll break it into multiple posts.  Friday, May 18, I went to Massage Envy - (I chose the Southpoint location) and got a "sports" massage.  From what I understand, it is between a relaxing massage and a deep tissue.  My therapist was named John.  He was very professional.  At first I felt a little weird having a dude rub my feet with oil (he started there - I asked him to work on my lower body since that is where I've been having all my issues).  That feeling went away when he started really working on me.  He found some really sore parts that weren't so bad after the session. 
     Of course, one session isn't going to fix all that is ailing me.  My wife and I are talking about a regular massage routine.  I didn't really notice a difference when I got off the table (hard to explain how I felt ... the muscles were a little sore, but very loose), but when I went for a walk on Saturday, I could tell that I had loosened up a bit.
      That lasted all of 3 days and now I'm just as tight as I was before.  John gave me some stretching tips.  He said that my soleus was very tight as well as the muscle on my shin.  He said if I flexed my foot, did circles and wrote the alphabet with it, it should loosen them up.  He also told me to drink water after our session to flush the toxins that were released from my muscles.  My wife reinforced this and said that any time she had been to a massage therapist and didn't drink water afterwards, she felt cruddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment