Monday, May 7, 2012

Week Three Weigh In

     It's Monday morning again and I REALLY don't want to go to the gym.  But I drag myself out of bed at O dark-thirty (as some of my friends used to say).  There are a few reasons I don't want to go to the gym this morning.  1.  It is Monday and I'd rather sleep.  2.  I did some bad things this weekend and I don't know if what I did in the gym is going to be good enough to make up for it.
     My son turned 1 a few days ago and this weekend we had a party.  I ate a few too many pieces of fried chicken and way too much cake.  I hit my local gym Triangle Sportsplex instead of the Wellness Center on Saturday night because it is a pretty good drive from my house.  I did 30 minutes of cardio on the bike.  Last night I did 15 minutes of actual bike riding in my neighborhood.  The neighbors could probably hear my rusty brakes coming a few miles away.  The actual bike was so much harder than the stationary bike in the gym.  It did the trick though, because I was down a pound on the scale this morning when I weighed in!  I was so worried that I threw a whole weeks worth of workout down the drain in one day.  It is amazing how long it takes to get the pounds off and how quickly they can be put back on. 
     I did chest and back on the free motion machines this morning as well as 30 minutes on the bike.  My feet/ankles are still a little sore/swollen, so I'm trying to take it easy on them.  I tried an ice bath for my foot on Friday night.  It did a lot to bring down the swelling, but I am a big wimp when it comes to ice.
     I am still waiting for a response via email, but I think a bunch of us may be heading over to Jazzercise tomorrow and/or Thursday morning.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment