Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 6 weigh-in



     Yesterday I weighed in and was happily back to where I was the previous week.  I say happily, because everyone knows that it is difficult to maintain, much less lose weight during a holiday weekend.  I was back down 1.5 pounds and hit the workout equipment with renewed vigor.
     Also as an added bonus, my wife dug some old t-shirts out of the closet and had me try them on.  Before the competition, I was routinely wearing XXL t-shirts and they were a bit snug.  The t-shirt I am wearing at the moment is an XL and it has some room in it (it fits correctly without being snug).  
     On the fitness side, when I started the competition, I got on the bike and could handle a resistance level of 4 and pedal 70-80 rpms for 15 minutes and my heart rate was in the 150s after just a few minutes.  This morning I did 30 minutes at a resistance level of a 9, 70-80 rpms and my heart rate was staying steady in the mid 140s.  When I finished the bike, I got on the treadmill for 30 more minutes at a 3.0 with 4.0 incline.  
     Another thing I notice is that my heart rate is coming down much faster now when I end my workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment