Sunday, May 27, 2012

Visit to a sponsor 5.0 - Core Pilates

     In a remote office above all the hustle and bustle that is Carrboro on a Saturday morning, I got a very unexpected great workout.  I thought Pilates was all about mats and exercise balls.  Boy was I wrong!  This may be insulting to anyone who has done Pilates, but it is not meant that way at all.  The best way I could describe it to someone who has never seen it before is this:  A full body workout on an apparatus that uses spring resistance and your own body weight that is highly adjustable for various exercises and positions.  (Sort of like the total gym - endorsed by Chuck Norris - but much more sturdy, solid and versatile).  See picture below.
     Once I found the place... Carolina Core Pilates ....up above Panzanella on the far end of the Harris Teeter parking lot - I was late, I found a teammate already in her workout.  They have 4 machines available for group sessions if you want to work out with friends, but you need to schedule your sessions.  Our instructor, Rebecca, was very knowledgeable and friendly and gave us a great workout.
     I thought it was going to be an instructional session where I was introduced to the various Pilates equipment.  This was much more hands on so to speak.  We got a full body workout, but it wasn't very stressful on the body.  Very low impact (virtually none) and easy on the joints.  If you like a more intimate setting than a big gym, lots of personal attention, and a workout you can do no matter what your skill or fitness level, this is the place for you.  The machines can be adjusted to make the exercise more or less difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment